It seems really bad if you are taking a bath and the water is not going into the drain. House drains should be free from clogs and blockages. However, if you are having a bad drain then you can try out these awesome homemade drains without having drain cleaning services from sewer cleaning companies from a professional.
Drain cleaning tips
Just remove the top screen of your drain and remove any visible lump of clogged matter before applying the following drain cleaners.
- Combination of Ethanoic Acid (Vinegar) and Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda)
This is an effective drain cleaner that you can easily make at your home. Vinegar is a commonly used food item and baking soda is also available in almost every kitchen.
- Take a small bowl (plastic bowl is preferable).
- Clean the bowl with a piece of soft cloth so that there is no dust in it.
- Add half cup full of baking soda in the bowl and mix the mixture well.
- Pour the mixture into the drain and let it settle for 5 minutes.
- Afterwards, pour at least 4-5 liters of boiling water in to the drain for the best results.
- Mixture of Baking Soda and Lemon
Lemon has excellent acidic properties. The mixture of lemon juice and baking soda is very effective in removing drain clogs.
- Take one cup of lemon juice and half cup of baking soda
- Apply the mixture into the drain and add sufficient boiling water into the drain.
- Repeat this process three times consecutively and see the magical results yourself.
- Baking Soda and Salt Mixture
Sprinkle sufficient quantity of salt into the drain, add some water into it (water should not be added in excess as it washes away the salt mixture). Let the salt react with the clogged material and add some baking soda after it. This is a very effective method of removing drain clogs. You should add the baking soda as double the volume of salt for best possible results.
- Washing Powder (Liquid) and Vinegar
The mixture of washing powder and vinegar can produce excellent results when it comes to cleaning your house drains. Washing powder of washing liquid that is used for washing clothes can be used for this purpose.
- Take a glass of vinegar; pour it into your drain followed by half glass baking soda.
- Add another glass of vinegar into the drain and let it react with the internal unwanted deposits.
- After some time, you can use your drain as always with excellent water flow without any odor or blockage.
- Borax-Tartar Mixture
Stubborn drain clogs can be easily removed by using the borax-tartar mixture that can be made at home. This mixture is to be applied like a cream into the affected clogged drain area.
- Take one cup of tartar, one tablespoon of natural salt, half cup of borax and two cups of boiling water in a jug.
- Mix the mixture well and pour it into the drain for best results.
- Borax has long been used for cleaning purposes, it has excellent cleaning properties.
- Tartar is a very good remedy for cleaning metals and making them shine like new ones.
- Boiling Salt-Water and Vinegar
Before you start trying out any other mixtures for removing clogs in your drain, sewer cleaning companies suggest that you should try this excellent hack.
- You just have to take plenty of water, say 8 liters and add one cup of salt into it.
- Boil the mixture well and add one liter of vinegar into it.
- Carefully pour down the liquid into the drain and let it remove the clogs and clear the drain effectively.
- You should make sure that you pour the mixture slowly into the drain so that all the liquid reacts effectively.
- Splashing whole of the mixture might not produce effective results.
- While trying this cleaning method, you should take care of yourself as the boiling water may splash on to your body.
Hiring professional drain cleaners
It is better to try out these conventional yet effective home-made drain cleaning mixtures before going for drain cleaning services nyc from a professional. They will work out as efficiently as have been discussed here. Professional drain cleaners might charge you heavily, instead of it, you can use these cleaners with minimum efforts and money.