As a local publicist and freelance writer, Katie Shapiro stylishly splits her time between Denver and Aspen. A woman known for her classic good taste, Katie recently bylined a fabulous (and spot-on) Denver City Guide for the coveted and clever Design*Sponge blog. Here, the expert on all things Colorado shares a few of the things that she cannot live without.
- St. Barts (aka Saint Barthlemey aka St Barths). My favorite place on earth.
- My black and white TW Steel watch is big and bold and often a conversation starter…people often ask me why I’m wearing a clock on my wrist.
- I have a slight obsession with scarves and have quite the collection of NYC-based We are Owls. I wear their oversized cashmere works of art with pretty much everything.
- I’ve never had a signature scent…until now. I discovered L’Homme by YSL whilst wandering the duty-free during a ridiculous flight delay in Buenos Aires. Yes, it’s for men.
- I only wear heels when I have to (Brian Atwood), so I live in Lanvin flats. The luxe leather makes them feel like slippers. I just ordered a turquoise pair for summer from Barney’s.
- I love my big white Goyard tote for everyday. It’s a classic and holds everything I need when running around town.
- Eating + drinking. A few of my haunts: Lou’s Food Bar, Sushi Sasa, Elway’s Downtown, and Forest Room 5 in Denver and Cache Cache, Peach’s Corner Café, Ellina, and Brexi in Aspen. I also love dive bars…Sancho’s Broken Arrow is the best.
- Bright nails. Classy Nails on 15th St. is my go-to for a mani/pedi in Denver and just a short walk from home.
- Daily skincare routine: I can’t live without my Clarisonic with Sanitas’ Herbal Cleanser (based in Boulder). Step two: Carita Lagoon Water. Last step: Elta UV Physical SPF 41 (slightly tinted)…sunscreen is a must in the Colorado sunshine.
- My mother’s signature cocktail is a Manhattan, which I’ve proudly inherited. Makers Mark on the rocks with two cherries.
- I hop on the reformer three times a week at Joie de Vivre Pilates Studio in LoHi and at O2 in Aspen.
- Gittel the Goldendoodle is my right-hand gal and goes everywhere with me. Her name means “Good” in Hebrew. She also goes by “Albert Einstein.”
- I also have an obsession with magazines…it’s not slight. Among my 20+ subscriptions (I still like the real thing people), Wallpaper* is my favorite and one of my style inspirations.