Owner of Fleur de Lis (a paperie) and busy blogging with her two sisters on Tutto Bella Blog, Jenna McKinlay has taken inspiration for her fashion, life, and newly opened boutique from living in Florence, Italy. Here, she shares her style secrets…
- A wedding gift I will treasure with my husband forever is our vintage record player. I am an old soul, and my husband’s soul craves music – so this was a perfect gift for us. Without fail, we listen to our record collection every night while we cook dinner.
- Love in the Afternoon is a movie I could watch everyday, never get sick of, and always watch with a continued smile on my face. A big Audrey Hepburn fan, and the “old soul”/vintage-lover that I am, I love many old black-and-white classic films.
- Another “can’t live without” item is my seemingly infinite supply of post-it notes. They are in my car, at the store, in my office, in my wallet – everywhere I am in case I have a thought I simply must write down, as not to forget.
- Something I can’t live with (or someone, rather) is my golden retriever Lucia Florence. She is my favorite accessory, even if she doesn’t fit in my cute handbags – I still bring her everywhere with me.
- My guilty pleasure is not Facebook, not US Magazine … but W Magazine. I look forward to receiving my copy in the mail, reading through on a lovely Sunday afternoon, and sketching fashions on notecards that I like. I used to draw and paint all the time, this keeps my passion for fashion and art alive for me.
- Oh Louis … how I love thee! As an accessory lover, I covet any and all Louis Vuitton handbags. Expensive, yes. Worth it, yes. Classic, sophisticated, and a staple for any fashions in any wardrobe. Great gift for a wife (hint hint honey!).
- Two things I can’t live without – coffee and wine. But especially wine, being the Italian that I am. With my sweet tooth, I cannot help but adore Moscato D’Asti wine (even before dessert!).
- Having paper always around, I make sure I keep my Cross pen handy. Just like name-brand sunglasses, I find a name-brand pen a nice accessory to have. Available for purchase at my boutique Fleur de Lis (a paperie).
- I chose to carry Lollia handcreme in my store for a number of reasons: it is a local Denver company, great product, beautiful packaging, and a savior to my dry skin. Working with paper all day, between the dryness and the paper cuts, I have a bottle of Lollia near all day long. Available for purchase at my boutique Fleur de Lis (a paperie).
- Rosebud Salve is a staple in my cabinet at home and in my purse. I am constantly applying to my lips, especially needed in this dry Denver climate. Available for purchase at my boutique Fleur de Lis (a paperie).
- Even when owning a paper-store, I do find my iPad handy for research, networking, and graphic designing on-the-go. I love my iPad case from Russell+Hazel. With a pocket for my iPad on one side, and a notepad on the other, it is the perfect marriage between paper and modern technology – we need both to be successful! Available for purchase at my boutique Fleur de Lis (a paperie).
- Shoes shoes shoes! My guilty pleasure. I especially like the shoes I find at Baker’s on the rare occasion I am at the mall (not a huge mall fan – I like to shop smaller local boutiques). Great styles and great prices. These booties I wore on my winter wedding day, but I bought them because I knew I could rock them in an everyday setting with a dress or jeans.
- Letterpress stationery from Designer’s Fine Press. I may be an “old soul”, but stationery is for the old-fashioned and the fabulous modern-type alike. I hand write a lot of notes to my friends and family, and of course thank you notes. This is my favorite paper accessory – good stationery. Available to custom order at my boutique Fleur de Lis (a paperie).