Whether she’s behind her desk plotting marketing strategy, or rocking out at one of the shopping center’s renowned summer concerts, Senior Marketing Manager Heather Drake brings an organically chic sensibility to FlatIron Crossing. Here, the marketing guru and supermom shares her favorites for a bustling yet fabulous life…
- Every girl loves a good pair of premium denim, right? Well, I’ve got the perfect brand – LAidol – they’re made in the USA (LA, to be exact), and they come at an amazing price – just $58 for fabulous stitching, embellishment, distressed details and a great dark wash! At a price this fab, you can also get the black wash, which is so hip! Available at Bohme Boutique, a great little store that chose FlatIron Crossing to open their first store outside of Utah, and I’m so glad they did!
- I’m always craving a sweet afternoon treat, but recently discovered a sweet treat that can work for a quick on-the-go lunch, the Mealworthy Smoothies at Red Mango! The Strawberry Banana Protein has strawberries, banana, all-natural peanut butter and organic pumpkin flax seed granola. Yummy!
- To all you curly girls out there, I don’t know about you, but I’m constantly trying to find a curl cream that enhances my curls and doesn’t make my hair frizzy. My solution? Bumble and bumble’s Curl Conscious Defining Creme available at Sephora! Plus, use a cotton T-shirt to wrap those wet curls vs. a big fluffy towel. This combo works every time!
- I believe it’s so important to express your gratitude as much as you can. I love Papyrus’s Kate Spade “99 Thank Yous” Thank You Notes, and, yes, they are “inspired by the charming musical number with a similar name!”
- I love getting my veggies from our Farm Share with Isabelle Farms in Lafayette; this program is “based on the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) model. CSA is a mutually beneficial relationship between farmers and community members that keeps working agricultural land in production.” Plus, it’s locally owned and organically grown! Eggplant, sweet peppers, basil, oh my!
- Being a vegetarian, I’m always on the lookout for great veggie food. Gordon Biersch Brewery has an amazing Vegetarian Menu, including their Southwest Vegetable Tacos – vegetables, mushrooms and avocado served with lettuce and pico de gallo in a crisp blue corn tortilla, wrapped with a soft flour tortilla with pepper jack cheese. I always get a side of jasmine rice & black beans (for protein, of course)!
- I’m such a beach girl (East Coast, that is), so one of my favorite fun reminders is Bobbi Brown’s Beach Fragrance available at Nordstrom. It reminds me of Coppertone in such a wonderful, youthful way!
- Being a professional woman and a mommy of two, I love my Coach Poppy Metallic Signature Glam Tote; it’s perfect for all of my work things (planner, work iPhone, personal cell phone, paperwork, etc.) and perfect for my mommy things (water bottles, snacks, “fun gum,” little hair accessories, etc.)!
- I’m a big believer in angels, and Doreen Virtue’s “Messages From Your Angels” Card Deck helps me to check in with my angels on a daily basis or when I really want an answer to an important life question.
- So, how long has it been since you’ve taken a dance class? A little ballet, tap or jazz, anyone…? Well, I’ve been taking an Adult Beginning Jazz class at Ballet Nouveau Colorado in Broomfield, and I’m loving it!! I started taking the class to help prepare me for my big Solid Gold dancing debut with Dancing with the Broomfield Stars on September 22, but now I plan to get my groove on for as long as I can! And, I highly recommend you do, too!
- Since I’m all about animal rights, I love finding fabulous makeup that not only is cruelty-free, but doesn’t use animal based ingredients or byproducts – that’s why I love Urban Decay’s Vegan Palette.
- I love coming home after a crazy day at work to a glass of one of my favorite reds – Cosentino’s Ol Red; it goes great with pizza, veggies or chocolate!
- Speaking of my little ones, I love the FlatIron Crossing Nordstrom Shoe Department for ensuring my kids’ feet are well supported and protected – plus, they have the best customer service! Our most recent purchases include the Nike Shox Running Shoe in hot pink (of course!) for my pre-K’er and some Stride Rite ‘Enzo’ Sneakers for my new walker!
Senior Marketing Manager