A well-known pillar on Denver’s social scene, Jordan Bullock recently packed up her (designer) bags to call Aspen her new home. Here, the gal-about-town and owner of Pure Barre Aspen shares her secrets for a life that’s full of style, whether it’s in the city or on the slopes.
- My sanctuary… My mom grew up in Iowa and we have a house on Lake Okoboji (or the Hamptons of the Midwest, as I like to call it.) There is no better place to replace than on my dock on a sunny summer day in this little slice of heaven.
- My baby… My big Bernese Mountain Dog, Axl, is the love of my life. He’s a goof ball who constantly has me laughing and who my friends fondly call “The Village Idiot.”
- My nail polish… After years of wearing Essie’s Ballet Slippers, my new nude polish for the winter is OPI‘s French Quarter For Your Thoughts. It reminds me of a soft cashmere sweater.
- My signature drink… Most people would say that Cupcake Chardonnay is my go-to drink but my new favorite is a cucumber gimlet (especially from Ocean Prime when I’m in Denver).
- My signature bag… a Louis Vuitton Monogram Vernis Alma bag in purple! I bought this in ’08 as a “congratulations” present to myself for earning an MBA from the University of Denver. Even though it’s an unusual color, it is truly the perfect complement to every outfit and always a conversation piece!
- My “toolbox”… The Lululemon Triumphant Tote. I got this bag recently and I love it. I have used it as a work bag, gym bag, and overnight bag. It’s very stylish and doesn’t have that gym bag look. It’s got enough room for everything – notebook, iPad, clothes, towels, hair brush, shoes w/shoe bag!, danceband, iPhone/iPod, powerbars .. maybe even the kitchen sink! It kept me organized during the pre-opening phase of Pure Barre Aspen.
- My go-to shoes… Christian Louboutin double-platform pumps. I have these in black and nude. Even though they have almost 6″ heels, I feel like I could run a marathon in them. The red sole gives a great “pop” to any outfit too!
- My signature scent… Chanel Allure. I have been wearing this perfume since high school and feel undressed on the days that I don’t have it on. It’s a classic scent that works well during the day or for date night!
- My favorite restaurant… Aspen has amazing restaurants but my favorite is Cache Cache, especially the bar menu! Not only is the food delicious (especially the French Onion Soup – a classic, and the trout) but you never know who could be sitting next to you!
Pure Barre Aspen